Sunday, May 27, 2012

Playing around with Hama-style beads

Months ago I bought a giant jar of Hama-style beads originally from Ikea from a charity shop for £2.50. There are hundreds, if not thousands of them. "What to do" I mused. I made a couple of bracelets, used some for teeth in some felt zombies. Mainly though the jar has just been sitting and gathering dust.

Then the other day I decided to actually see if I could use them like Hama beads. I bought a Hama board from Amazon. I arranged the beads on the board, covered them in baking paper and then ironed them. This was my first attempt:

I think I'll glue a brooch pin to the back of it.

Then I had another go and made this one:


Tee hee hee! It worked very well! This one is a little too big for a brooch so I'm currently trying to think of something to do with it.

I also bought some actual Hama branded beads which are sparkly (I have no will power). So am trying to think of a good pattern for them.


4 comments:

  1. Seems like you are having fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I sent you an email last week but I'm not sure if you got it, but you are the winner of the Freebird Necklace from the Sew Mama Sew giveaway! If you could send me your shipping info to pemberleycouture@hotmail.com I will get it sent out to you! Thanks! ♥ Anna Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, I've always wanted to have a play with these (slightly jealous watching my 5 year old niece with hers!) so might just have to treat myself now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicky - you definitely should!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...